1. I fall in and out of love with foods. Does anyone else do this? For example, I ate hard-boiled eggs for breakfast for almost two years and then all of a sudden, one day, I’m just like, DONE. And I haven’t really had them since. I’m not exactly sure what they did to me to deserve the cold shoulder, but it is what it is.
2. From mid-February until the end of March Madness (or the hockey playoffs, if the Blackhawks are in it) is the only time I have full-blown cable and during that time I gorge on all the sports channels that I normally only dream about. The rest of the year I have the $19 basic plan, the highlight of which is a channel that is shows nothing too much more than Law&Order, Cold Case, and Criminal Minds marathons. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
3. Sometimes in the winter I’ll send Belle to bed about 20 minutes before I’m heading there so she’ll warm the bed up for me. I’ll even help her get under the covers.
4. Skinny jeans aren’t necessarily the best fashion choice for going out for a nice, big dinner. Don’t ask me how I know this.
5. Currently, I have 3 treadmills in my house. You’d think I’d be in much better shape than I actually am.
6. I also have 6 bikes in the house, but only 5 of them are mine, so it’s not like I have a problem or anything.
7. When I hear about a book I want to read, I immediately go to my library’s website to see if it’s in the system. Most often, I need to request the book to get on a wait list for it or for it to be transferred from another library. But sometimes, I’ll request it even when it shows that it’s on the shelf of my library because then I know the very, very nice librarians will pick it off the shelf for me and set it aside instead of me having to find it myself. Yes, I am *that* lazy.
8. On an unrelated note, I make an annual donation to my most awesome local library (in addition to all the overdue fines that I owe with alarming regularity).
9. On more than one occasion, I have shoveled snow off the grass in my yard. For the dogs. Because, you know, they don’t want to actually have to put their sensitive paws in the snow. Yes, these are my mean, aggressive pit bulls who don’t want to get their poor feet wet or cold.
10. There’s a Panera that’s being built about a half mile from my house and I’m way more excited than a person should be. Soon enough, I’ll be in bread heaven. And a food coma shortly after that. If I ever go missing, you’ll know where to find me.