This is Accountability Sunday where I look at the past week and how much work I did towards my goals and then set some goals for the coming week. Interested in joining me? You, too, can have some public accountability: just go to the accountability spreadsheet and put in your goals for the coming week. The goals can be fitness-related, health-related, work-related or anything else that you care to track. It’s not about competition, it’s just about putting your goals out there and then assessing how you did.
Our second Accountability Sunday! If you put down some goals for this past week, go ahead and update the spreadsheet with how you did. If you’re just joining us, put in some goals for this coming week.
This week was a little hectic for me and I didn’t do quite as well as I thought I might, but on the other hand, I signed up for a half marathon which is going to shift my priorities a little bit.
What were my goals for last week and how did I do?
- Run 13 miles — I ran 13.03 miles, the 0.03 miles to make up for the 0.02 miles that I was short last week for all those who were helpful enough to point that out to me. Also did a 5 mile long run which almost killed me, but I’m proud that I got it done.
- Strength train twice — yea, this didn’t happen. My trainer/roommate is on vacation and without her goading me to do it, I just kind of ignored this one.
- Eat only 3-4 meals per day and eat only once I’ve been hungry for 30-60 minutes — this went fairly well, actually. I had one day where I was tired and hormonal and kind of grazed all day, never really feeling hungry OR satisfied. And then another evening where me and a bag of pretzels became really good friends with one another. But otherwise? Again – mindfulness #FTW.
- Track weight — gained .04 pounds … hormones suck, just sayin’.
Next week’s goals?
- Run 11 miles — cutback week (this is the upside to starting a training plan a few weeks in) so fewer miles and only a 3 mile long run on the weekend.
- Strength train twice — my trainer is back in town so I expect this will happen. See how I need that external accountability?
- Mindful Eating — eating 3-4 meals per day, eat only once I’ve been hungry for 30-60 minutes and stop eating when satisfied. Not still hungry, not overfull, but just right (like Goldilocks, right?)
- Track Weight
- At least 4 blog posts — my month of blogging is over (I only missed 2 days! Go, me!) but I really want to stay on top of this, blogging every day if possible. Every single post might not be a work of art, but it really helps my writing and creativity to sit down and come up with something vaguely publishable on a daily basis.
And a new thing that I’m stealing from one of my favorite podcasts (Pop Culture Happy Hour) — they always end the program with What’s Making Us Happy this week. And so, my inaugural “What’s Making Me Happy”:
The playlist that I put together a few weeks ago to run to. It never fails to motivate me and keep me going. It’s probably close to 60% country music and the rest an eclectic mix of pop, electronic, 80’s and current stuff that I’m proud I know considering I’m well past the age of listening to what’s on the radio. Here’s a Spotify playlist that has most of the songs (there are a few songs in my private collection that aren’t available). Give it a listen to. Tell me what you’d add and what music is “must have” when you’re working out.
Have a great week, everyone!