For those of you who want to start shopping for your friendly, neighborhood blogger, here are some ideas to get you started:
What I Want For Christmas… The Top 10 List…
- The ability to shut my inner voice off during long runs. If I have to hear that whiny “… but I don’t WANT to…” with every step after 12 miles, I’m going to hurt someone.
- A new bike. One that makes me FAST. You know, without me having to work at it.
- A new season of Dancing With The Stars! Okay, I’ve said it… I’ve outted myself… I LOVE this show. Drama! Injuries! Dancing! Sequins! All rolled into one big Tom Bergeron wisecrack lovefest.
- Unlimited vacation time. But not in a got-fired-for-spending-too-much-time-online kind of way. Mucho vacation time + weekly paycheck = what I want.
- Ice cream. In some ways, I’m so easy to please.
- A high-powered metabolism to match my extraordinary appetite, so that “off-season weight” just means that I’m strength training through the winter.
- A love for swimming. No matter how hard I try, I’ve only been able to muster an “eh, it’s fine as long as it’s warm outside and I’m floating around with a drink in my hand” kind of liking for it.
- Warm weather. ‘Nuf said.
- An iPod with psychic ability. Volume up! Next song! Play only this artist! All done with the power of my mind. I mean, really – how cool would that be? Steve Jobs? Did you hear me? No? Let me think a little harder then…
- World peace. Too much to ask for?
So, in the event that you want to make my day and get me something from my list, I can assure that I’ve been a very good girl. In fact, the rumor going around is that I’ve cracked the top 10 on Santa’s Nice List every year since 1977 (of course, that’s all very highly-guarded information, so I can’t reveal my sources). Go on, now – get shopping. You know you want to.
Warning: Missing argument 1 for cwppos_show_review(), called in /home1/laura/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/flat/content-single.php on line 29 and defined in /home1/laura/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/wp-product-review/includes/legacy.php on line 18