Way, way back in the days when this blog didn’t gather quite as much dust, I made some resolutions for 2014. Remember? Even knowing the glaringly awful statistics about how many people actually keep their resolutions doesn’t stop me from doing it every year. I figure that even if I don’t follow it, at least it’s a roadmap to refer to as the months roll on by.
And – I actually haven’t done too badly:
- Lean Eating stuff? Could have been better, but I made a bunch of progress.
- Reading? I’ve read almost twice as many books in about half the time. Whew! It’s been awesome and I hadn’t realized how much I missed it. And a PSA — support your local public library! The services they offer are beyond compare.
- Dog Training? Well, we’ll say that perhaps my dogs still rule the roost, but they let me delude myself into thinking I’m in charge more than they used to.
- More steps? I’m moving so much more than I used to! I think starting up using Gym Pact has really pushed me in the right direction.
- Journaling? Man, I was so good for awhile but that’s slipped off. On the other hand, I’ve started digital photo journaling, which has put me on a search for the best app out there to do it (I love Project365 on the iOS side, but need the Android equivalent … any suggestions?).
- More music and less TV? I cut the cord on full-blown cable right after March Madness and I can’t say that I’ve missed it too much. My brother — saint that he is — has given me a log in to his service so that I can catch the occasional sporting event that I no longer can see on my TV. And with the music, I’m crushin’ pretty hard on Songza these days … love the curated lists and the huge variety of music. You should check it out.